The following is a list of Policies applied on The Libertonian Wiki.
All users, regardless of status and position, are expected to follow them. We encourage suggestions on how to improve our policies, guidelines, and other related subjects. Suggestions can be made on an admin's talk page. Bureaucrats and Administrators may issue blocks in the case of repeated denial of Policies. Temporary blocks (suspensions) are issued to first offenders. If you have any questions regarding any policy or rule, do not hesitate to contact a Staff member. Disputes should be made with a Staff member privately.
The Libertonian Wiki Policies
- Civility - Be civil in your dealings with others. No personal attacks, unnecessarily abusive language, patronizing behavior, baiting, etc.
- Disruptive editing - Closely related to incivility.
- Vandalism - Is not tolerated (edits designed to harrass other editors or degrade an article's quality).
- NSfV - States that vandals and spammers should not have monuments to their "success".
- Edit Wars - Will result in the warred-over article being locked temporarily.
- Media Policy - Must be followed by all users and is non-negotiable.
- Usernames - Deliberately offensive, misleading or otherwise problematic usernames may be blocked at the discretion of any administrator.
- Sockpuppetry and Meatpuppetry - Are strictly prohibited and will get you blocked.
- Wikilawyering - Is forbidden.
- Manual of Style - Editors are expected to follow Manual of Style while editing.
- No Copying or Importing from The Libertonian Wiki - Content of any sort (texts, images) from the website the-libertonian.wikia.com without permission from the content owner(s).
- No Myth-related content
- No Leaked Information - If information about an unreleased game was released through *illegal* means, it may not be posted on the wiki.
- Patroller Probation - For new or slightly inexperienced users applying for promotion to patroller. This puts the user on a three month probation to determine whether or not they can hold the position.
- Appreciation - Is expected from all users.
- Talk Page guidelines - Are to be followed for civilized discussion.
General Guidelines for Contributions
Contributors and editors are encouraged to keep these guidelines in mind.
- Edits should generally have edit summaries; this is not necessary for minor edits. This helps us to understand what is being modified.
- Following a Manual of Style is strongly encouraged when creating articles, i.e. character pages, mission storyboards, infobox templates, side activities, etc. Refer to pre-existing articles before creating a page so as to keep the template intact.
- Articles must be categorized accordingly. For instance, mission articles should go in the Missions category, characters should go in the Characters category, etc.